Bottles ready for cultured foods and beverages

Bottles ready for cultured foods and beverages
Ten Green Bottles!!

Friday 18 October 2013

Making Quark Cheese






After I culture my fresh milk with kefir grains (enriching the milk with probiotics) I often drip this thick mixture to make a natural cheese that can be used as dips, spreads or cheesecake.


This is my curd bag (purchased from www:madmillie.com) set up to drip 
the kefired milk through.

I've only recently purchased this equipment and it's certainly made life easier for me.







 



Adding the kefired milk to strainer. I let this sit overnight (covered with clean tea towel) and collect the whey for other uses. e.g. adding to sauerkraut as a starter culture.

I'd show you the cheesecake I made, but it's all been eaten!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment